Head of Marketing
Location: Bangkok or Remote in APAC
About Block Aero
Block Aero is an award-winning blockchain platform that allows organizations across the aviation supply chain to take control of their data, operations and collaborative workflows. We help organizations lower their cost of business, reduce disruption, and explore new revenue streams.
Our flagship products address the management of aircraft technical records and maintenance processes. While this might sound like a very dry subject matter, the documents that pass across our SaaS platform are necessary to keep aircraft flying profitably through the sky and the traveling public safe.
Block Aero has also developed a disaster response tool in collaboration with ICAO to help humanitarian organizations coordinate disaster relief at airports around the world. We will soon be launching a new carbon accounting solution to allow airlines to track their emissions and encourage the adoption of sustainable aviation fuel.
About the team you will be joining
There is no marketing team at Block Aero… yet. You will be our first hire dedicated to both brand and product marketing. You will report directly to the CEO and work alongside the other co-founders to get things done. As the company grows, you will become the leader of a marketing team that will support you to get things done.
What impact will you deliver?
The Head of Marketing will take ownership for crafting Block Aero’s future brand identity and organizing all marketing activity to tell our company’s story and showcase our value proposition to companies across the aerospace and aviation sectors. You will drive interest in Block Aero and then support the sales team with marketing materials or campaigns to convert that interest into a signed contract.
There is unlikely a routine set of tasks you will be doing on a day-to-day basis, but some of the responsibilities you will undertake include:
- Planning, executing and optimizing marketing campaigns to generate leads and drive customer acquisition
- Utilize HubSpot for marketing automation to streamline workflows and drive lead funnel to conversion
- Coordinate and manage Block Aero’s presence at industry events, conferences and trade shows
- Develop and manage a content marketing pipeline to create articles, videos, social media posts
- Work with the product and development team to create user guides for both marketing and support purposes
How do I know this role is for me?
This role is for you if:
- You want to escape from a large, bureaucratic workplace and join a small, nimble and highly motivated team
- You want to have creative control and autonomy to plan how you execute marketing campaigns
- You want to work alongside highly capable colleagues who care about their work and want to drive change across an industry
- You have some passion or enthusiasm for either the aviation or technology sectors
What would a successful candidate for this role look like?
A successful candidate must have the following three attributes:
- Intrinsic motivation to learn new things – the team at Block Aero are very willing to teach you about our industry and where our product fits in
- A sense of ownership for any project or venture you embark out on – driving projects through to completion and helping your colleagues to succeed
- Fluency in English
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- A university degree in a relevant discipline – please feel free to tell us how your degree is relevant to the role
- 3+ years of experience in a creative or marketing position
- A passion or interest in either the aviation or technology sectors
- Exceptional project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
Why work with us?
In addition to a competitive salary, Block Aero also offers equity incentives and a discretionary bonus scheme. All employees are enrolled in a comprehensive healthcare and dental policy. If you are not a Thai national, we are also able to sponsor your work visa.
What is it like working at Block Aero?
Block Aero is currently a relatively small team where everybody knows each other by name. This is likely to change in the coming years as we scale to meet growing demand for our platform.
We operate with a hybrid work policy and generally only ask people to come to the Bangkok office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Some colleagues are present every day, and a few work almost entirely remotely. That said, we believe there are times when collaboration is needed or deadlines are approaching where more time in the office is required to execute on projects effectively.
As Head of Marketing for a company that sells software globally, it is likely that some travel will be required to help organize our appearances at conferences or visit customers to coordinate on marketing campaigns.
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com